Client Resources : Forms and Articles
We offer a blank form and a filled-out "how to" example.
The document is necessary, but this form is optional. Create your own, if you prefer.
Your Association is taxed as a corporation regardless of actual form, and this resolution, and the assistance of your accountant, will prevent the IRS from taxing assessment surpluses.
We created this form to take advantage of new statutory protections which make an owner liable for the financial defaults of his tenant.
If your Association is unincorporated, it must appoint an agent for service by completing this form and filing it with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions.
Fair Housing Laws
Sec. 106.50, Wisconsin Statutes - This statute contains the Wisconsin fair housing laws.
42 U.S.C. sec. 3601 et seq. - This U.S. Code chapter contains the federal fair housing laws.
Client Resources : Links
Please suggest other links that you think may be of value to readers. Thank you.
- C. 703, Wisconsin Statutes - This statute creates and regulates the condominium form of real property ownership.
- C. 181, Wisconsin Statutes - This statute contains governance provisions for non profit corporations.
- Federal Communications Commission Over the Air Reception Devices
(satellite dishes) - FCC Rules affect multi-family homes, including condos, on issues of satellite dishes and other communications.
- Radon - Here are some links to learn about radon, though not in the condominium context.
- Q&A on Roberts Rules of Order - An interesting site which helps sharpen our parliamentary skills.
- Carbon Monoxide- Most condominium associations will have to install carbon monoxide alarms. For more information, read this informational brochure from the State of Wisconsin and be sure to note that you can direct questions to your local building inspector or fire department.
- Swimming Pools